Kate Moss has had a complicated history when it comes to eating habits. In 2018, the model finally admitted that she regrets what she said over a decade ago: “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.”
Despite every mantra, Moss didn’t eat that healthy back then. “When I was young I was so low maintenance I didn’t have to worry. Not what I ate, not about anything really,” she told the Guardian. Cindy Crawford even said that she used to get annoyed at Moss for eating greasy food and still looking great.
But as Moss got older, she realized that she needed to change her eating habits to stay healthy. “I really enjoy food, proper food, but I do try to eat more healthily than I used to,” she told the Guardian. “My skin looks better when I eat well, too. Obviously, if you eat all that grease, skin just doesn’t look as healthy.”
Related: 16 Celebs Describe How They Make the Perfect Oatmeal
The 48-year-old star has even started working out, telling the Guardian that she now goes to the gym often.
So what exactly does Moss do to look and feel great at almost 50 years old? Read on to find out the model’s current eating habits, and next, check out Bobby Flay’s #1 Secret For Grilling Perfect Food.
The model still treats herself to the foods she loves. according to VogueThe Moss has an 80/20 diet: she eats super healthy, nutritious meals 80% of the time, and follows her cravings for the other 20%. The 80-20 rule is pretty common among celebrities– Blake Lively’s trainer Don Saladino has Blake on the same plan so she can treat herself to her favorite sweets every now and then.
Many celebs have been known to drink green juices throughout the day, such as Bella Hadid and Channing Tatum. Moss joined the green juice club, telling Vogue that she drinks a vitamin-packed green juice every morning with an anti-aging supplement. According to Vogue, the supplement, “Lumity”, has amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Moss’s former detox coach and nutritionist Amanda Hamilton recommends certain foods for her clients who are trying to lose weight, and bananas are one of them. she told Daily Mail that you can throw bananas into a smoothie for the perfect breakfast. Eat This, Not That! reporting shows that bananas can help you lose weight because they are high in protein and fiber, keeping you full for a longer period of time.
Over the years, Mossditched the burger and fries for green salads– and she feels great. “I’ve really noticed an improvement since I’ve been more ‘on it’ with food – like eating salads and all that stuff – I never used to really eat salads,” she told the Guardian. Eat This, Not That! reporting shows that eating a salad every day can provide a huge boost in nutrient consumption, including fiber, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K.
While she’s no chef, Moss does cook breakfast sometimes. Go-to every morning? eggs “I do good breakfasts – eggs are my forte,” she told the Guardian. Eat This, Not That! reporting revealed that eating eggs every day can help you feel more energized, boost your immune system, and help maintain a youthful complexion. Moss has got the right idea!
These days, Moss is all about balance. One of her favorite meals to cook is her “Sunday Roast”. Moss shared with British Vogue how she makes the dish, which has roasted chicken, potatoes, broccoli, and carrots. In one meal, she’s got her protein, vegetables, and grains. The model said she’s even made this roast for Harry Styles and Rita Ora!
Want to know more about celeb diets? Check out 5 Eating Habits That Helped Lindsay Lohan Turn Her Health Around.
Mia is a freelance writer for several publications and a soon-to-be graduate from Princeton University with a degree in English. Read more about Mia