No matter the time of day or type of cuisine, we all know someone who loves to add hot sauce to everything they’re eating. Mother’s Day is right around the corner and if you’ve got a spice loving mom why not consider filling her pantry with some exciting hot sauces? From just a little bit of heat to fire-breathing dragon kinda spice, there’s a hot sauce that matches your mom’s mood.
Here are 16 hot sauces for the mom who craves a little (or maybe a lot of) spice in her life.
Alchemy Peppers Hopp Sauce
The Alchemy Peppers Hopp Sauce 3-Pack Sampler includes a bottle of Jalapeño + Citra, Fresno + Simcoe, and Scotch Bonnet + Mosaic Hopp Sauces that can be shipped directly to your door. Add to any meal or snack to bring a wonderful world of complex and delicious flavors to every bite. Find them here and on Amazon.
Senor Lechuga Hot Sauce
Señor Lechuga Hot Sauce is a small batch hot sauce company born in Brooklyn and made with heat + flavor, every all-natural batch is unique in its own way. Every label is meticulously designed for a modern aesthetic and marked with its batch and number, with each product having a story behind its product number. The Essentials spicy gift pack is perfect for anyone on your list who likes it hot, whether they crave a kick or want to level up their game in the kitchen.
The Essentials pack includes:
- .001 Sauce — Looking to dance with the devil? This one’s for you. The hot sauce for those seeking the most fire is made from a specialty blend of peppers that also bring unparalleled flavor.
- .002 Sauce — Serving up the smoky flavor of chipotle… with a massive side of heat. Whether you are looking for a sauce to blow minds at your next BBQ, or just looking to add some complexity to any dish, this is your bottle.
- .003 Sauce — The sweetness of pineapple is the perfect unexpected complement to the reaper’s fire. This is a cult favorite. You need it in your life.
- Habanero Spice – The hottest of the three. Use it to fire up everything from fish to ramen to pizza to pasta to much more.
- Chipotle Spice– Packs a punch with heat and smoky flavor. Sprinkle it over chicken, pork, veggies, eggs and much more.
- Adobo Spice – Sweet spice. Layer it on steak, tacos, avocado toast, salad and much more.
Order them here.
When Founder Hector Saldivar came to the US from Monterey, Mexico, he quickly discovered that genuine Mexican products were hard to find — so he made his own. Inspired by his mother Lupita’s incredible Mexican cooking, he started bottling up her famous hot sauce recipe that she is fondly known for in their hometown. Tia Lupita’s Chipotle Hot Sauce uses simple ingredients to create its deep, rich, smoky flavor, which comes from perfectly ripened chipotle peppers with toasted spices and a little vinegar zing. There are no binders or preservatives, no added sugar and very little salt. It delivers a kick of flavor to any dish you drizzle this hot sauce on. Find them here.
Melinda’s is a Texas based brand of habanero-based pepper sauces that has a ton of really delicious flavors (and heat levels) such as Black Truffle, Spicy Garlic Parmesan, Mango Habanero, Peri Peri, Louisiana Red Cayenne, and so much more. For them it’s all about setting your mouth on flavor — not fire. Find them on Amazon.
Vargo Brother Ferments Morita Beet Hot Sauce
This Morita Beet Hot Sauce is a tangy, smoky sauce with subtle nuances that will drive your tastebuds wild. Smoked red jalapeños, and lots of beets provide the perfect setting for a meal. Vargo Brother Ferments is an exciting, up-and-coming black-owned company out of Chicago. The line of pickles, vinegars, hot sauces, and fermented goodies are available for nationwide shipping via Here Here Market. Get yours here.
Heartbeat Hot Sauce
These sauces are made with maximum flavor and balance in mind, with so many unique flavors to choose from. Each sauce is bright, bold, healthy, and delicious. Heartbeat Hot Sauce ferments their peppers using traditional methods before they cook them with a few simple, high-quality ingredients. They’ve also been featured on Hot Ones Season 6, Season 10, and Season 13 — that’s how you know they’re good. Pick from Scorpion, Pineapple Habanero, Red Habanero, Dill Pickle Serrano, and more. Get yours here.
Pisqueya Hot Sauce Gift Set
Pisqueya is a celebration of Latin culture. The line of all-natural, high-quality food products, is inspired by the gap in Dominican representation, within the global food market. Pisqueya’s sauces come from passed-down Dominican family recipes. But the brand started out in Brooklyn, created by Maritza Abreu, who’s working to keep her family tradition alive. Pisqueya makes three different flavors: smoky hot, medium buzz, and spicy-sweet.
The gift set comes with all three spices:
- Smoky Hot delivers the freshness of a salsa and the heat of a traditional hot sauce! Made with island grown, Dominican Scotch Bonnet Peppers, known for its smoky sweetness, and savory heat.
- Medium Buzz delivers the freshness of a green salsa and the heat of a traditional hot sauce. Made with fresh Jalapeño peppers for a vibrant taste, easy spice and signature zest.
- Spicy Sweet delivers the freshness of a salsa and the heat of a traditional hot sauce. Made with island-grown passion fruit and chili peppers for a tropical heat and sweetness that will brighten your dishes.
Get yours here.
Wild Bill’s All-Natural Hot Sauce
Wild Bill’s hot sauces come in two flavors: Outlaw Orange and Sundrenched Habanero. Made with mandarin oranges, the Outlaw Orange gives you the perfect sweet combination. It is a great everyday hot sauce that takes every bite to the next level. The Sundrenched Habanero is masterfully blended with sweet apple cider vinegar and natural spices to create an intensely flavored hot sauce. Wild Bill’s is veteran owned and operated and they are committed to helping veterans find meaningful employment. Place your order here.
Pure Grit BBQ
Pure Grit BBQ is a women-owned brand founded in 2020 that includes a line of bottled BBQ sauces, rubs, and hot sauces. These special sauces are specifically for plant-based foods and are meant specifically for a vegan BBQ lover or someone who loves the taste of BBQ and spicy hot sauce. The Hot Stuff by Pure Grit BBQ is their specially designed hot sauce for plants. If you’ve got a vegan mom who still wants to turn up the heat — grab yours here.
Hot N Saucy
This brand may sound familiar and that’s because it’s often seen as part of the Hot Ones line up. This hot sauce is expertly handcrafted for connoisseurs who love to indulge in the spices and flavors that leave an ever-so delicious mark. Perfect as a dipping sauce or to cook with, these definitely make things both hot and saucy. Hot N Saucy is available on Amazon and at retailers such as Home Goods, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls.
Another Hot Ones sauce alumni, Sauce Bae hot sauce which was featured on Season 9 of the multi-million viewer show. Sauce Bae is a pineapple habanero hot sauce that’s made with turmeric, an anti-inflammatory spice. Created by Kevin Carbone who was determined to regain control of his health after being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, this passion project not only helped put his life back on track, but it also caused him to become an advocate for real foods. Unlike many sauces on the market, Sauce Bae is very low in sodium with only 20 mg per serving, making it a great pick for those looking to stay healthy. Grab yours here.
Give your spicy mom the ultimate culinary gift this Mother’s Day with Bushwick Kitchen’s Three’s Knees Spicy Gift Set. Each set contains three of Bushwick Kitchen’s most-popular products: Spicy Honey, Spicy Maple, and Gochujang Sriracha beautifully packaged with a Bushwick Kitchen dish towel. A unique QR code will take you to a collection of recipes. Use on: chocolate pudding, roasted veggies, spicy maple sage daiquiri, scrambled eggs, and so much more. Best of all, they are offering 20% off from April 30-May 3 for Mother’s Day if you use the promo code: MD2022. Get it here.
Ubah is a Somalian-born Canadian model who recently launched her very own hot sauce, Ubah Hot.
At a very young age, Ubah’s mother taught her that life should be experienced with all our senses. Although she found herself in a modeling career where she had to watch what she ate to stay healthy and radiant, Ubah wanted to find a way to honor her palate and passion for food without compromising the taste. She created Ubah Hot for herself and anyone who strives to eat healthier and wants to consume more vegetables and less processed food without compromising the flavor.
Ubah Hot comes in three flavors:
- Ruby: “Strength” inspired by her two nieces, whose love has given her strength
- Yellow Tanzanite: “Rare and Special” inspired by her beloved mother — the one who taught her to see the good in everyone.
- Emerald: “Honorable” inspired by her favorite quote by Marcus Aurelius; “Whatever anyone does or says, I must be emerald and keep my colour.”
Find Ubah Hot here.
Created by Antoinette Muñoz, this hot sauce was made to highlight flavors found in Peru. Tradición Peruana, also known as “Peruana Sauce” for short, is available in two flavors including Ají Amarillo and Rocoto Sauces. The Ají Amarillo gourmet spicy pepper sauce features the yellow ají peppers blended with spices. A creamy and mild spicy texture to make ordinary into extraordinary. In addition to being a female, Latin, mom owned business, Tradición Peruana is a social cause company improving the lives of small female farmers — a partnership that is near and dear to Antoinette’s heart and mission. Find the sauce here.
Merquén Smoked Chili Pepper Infused Maple Syrup
Not quite a hot sauce, but the perfect gift for the mom who loves a kick of spicy with their sweets. Merquén is a chili blend from the Mapuche region of Chile, and when Runamok infuses them in their maple syrup, all of the profiles of the pepper – the heat, smokiness, and the rich pepper taste are magnified by the caramel tones of the maple. Make your mom’s breakfast better by ordering it here.
Maya Kaimal Foods
Maya Kaimal Foods offers two variations of chili sauces along with spicy ketchup to bring bold and lively flavors of South India right to your kitchen. Founded by award-winning cookbook author Maya Kaimal, Maya Kaimal Foods is an inspired Indian brand that offers convenient and ready-to-eat kitchen-crafted products that are flavorful, accessible, and modern, and they are all non-GMO, plant- based, and organic.
- The Green Chili Sauce comes with an extra dose of Serrano green chili, coconut cream, spicy ginger, and citrusy curry leaves to add extra brightness.
- The Red Chili Sauce consists of Crimson-red Kashmiri chilies and red jalapeño peppers to create well-rounded heat, and the flavor is amped up with tangy tamarind and garam masala spices.
- Spicy Ketchup is sweet and spicy with sweetness added from brown sugar and spiciness from hot chilies.
Maya Kaimal products are sold nationwide at 7,000+ stores including Whole Foods, Target, Costco, Sprouts, and online through Amazon.